Get a Quick Change for Spring|
Custom made slipcovers can instantly transform any room and are particularly loved by home stagers. Unlike furniture drapes that you have to tuck in (and which are always pulling out
and looking messy), slipcovers are made to fit the sofa or chair like a glove. They are made to zip, tie or button to the furniture. Exact measurements must be taken first before having
When funds are tight, slipcovers may be the perfect answer. They can extend the life of your furniture and can breathe new life into the room. In the colder months, slipcovers are often
made of cozy fabrics like tweed or corduroy in darker, richer colors (also tapestry fabrics, pile fabrics, damasks and brocades). When spring arrives, they are usually lightened. Common fabrics are cotton duck or canvas, linen and cotton or linen and jute.
You'll also see chintz in a floral design.
Test before going all out. You'll want to make sure the fabric will wear well. To test, spill something on a yard of fabric - step on it - manhandle it. How does it hold up? Does it clean
well? Dry clean unless the fabric states it is machine washable. After cleaning, place it back on the furniture when still a bit damp. It is more stretchable when still damp and will dry to a
perfect fit if already back on the cushion or furniture.
Slipcovers cannot make up for structural damage or lack of structural integrity. Making your own slipcovers can save a lot of money and even if you hire a professional to make them for you, the cost
will likely be less than having the furniture reupholstered. By your choice of fabric, you can change the look and feel of your furniture and even change a formal sofa into a casual one. And
when you consider how easily they can be cleaned, it is a great solution for busy families.
Decorating With All White|
Ready for a complete change from color? Want to modernize a room? Decorating with white is a trick the professionals use to highlight specific items in a room or to make a room feel more
modern and up-to-date.
- Scuffed floors are updated when painted white
- White lets other things be the star
- White gives things a fresh look
- White makes everything else stand out more
- White feels traditional when paired with ornate elements
- White goes with anything
- White acts like a mediator and is a bridge between colors
- White allows for easy, quick and inexpensive decorating
- White is easy to care for (except for rugs and carpets)
- White makes a room feel larger and more spacious
- If everything in a room is white, the view becomes the art for the room
- White contrasts well with textures
- White looks glamorous with green plants
There are warm whites and cool whites. Don't mix the two. Daylight will change the color. Glossy white will show more imperfections. It's a challenge to make an all-white room interesting,
but don't shy away from challenges. You can also add strokes of color and prints to give it more personality.
The Universal Laws of Living|
Law of Mechanical Repair - After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee.
- Law of Gravity - Any tool, nut, bolt, screw, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner.
- Law of Probability -The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.
- Law of Random Numbers - If you dial a wrong number, you never get a busy signal and someone always answers.
- Law of the Alibi - If you tell the boss you were late for work because you had a flat tire, the very next morning you will have a flat tire.
- Variation Law - If you change lines (or traffic lanes), the one you were in will always move faster than the one you are in now (works every time).
- Law of the Bath - When the body is fully immersed in water, the telephone rings.
- Law of Close Encounters -The probability of meeting someone you know increases dramatically when you are with someone you don't want to be seen with.
- Law of the Result - When you try to prove to someone that a machine won't work, it will...
- Law of Biomechanics - The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach.
- Law of the Theater and Hockey Arena - At any event, the people whose seats are furthest from the aisle, always arrive last. They are the ones who will leave their seats several times to go for food, beer, or the toilet and who leave early before the end of the performance or the game is over. The folks in the aisle seats come early, never move once, have long gangly legs or big bellies, and stay to the bitter end of the performance. The aisle people also are very surly folk. (Men always sit on the aisle)
- The Coffee Law - As soon as you sit down to a cup of hot coffee, your boss will ask you to do something which will last until the coffee is cold.
- Murphy's Law of Lockers - If there are only two people in a locker room, they will have adjacent lockers.
- Law of Physical Surfaces - The chances of an open-faced jelly sandwich landing face down on a floor, are directly correlated to the newness and cost of the carpet or rug.
- Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about
(yeah, this one's for you, honey).
- Brown's Law of Physical Appearance - If the clothes fit, they're ugly.
- Oliver's Law of Public Speaking -
A closed mouth gathers no feet.
- Wilson's Law of Commercial Marketing Strategy - As soon as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it..
- Doctors' Law - If you don't feel well, make an appointment to go to the doctor, by the time you get there you'll feel better. But don't make an appointment, and you'll stay sick.
Warning: Don't Press the F1 Key When
This one looks to be true so spread the word.
Received this "heads up" this morning . . . good thing not to do. While browsing on the web, a notice is given to press your F1 key (that's
across top left of your keyboard, and usually means "Help".) Not this
time. It will release a potent virus in your computer. . . If you don't
Press F1, you will be reminded until you do. . .just click on the little
'x' on the window, or close your browser totally - might even be better to
not press the F1 key no matter how many times your computer asks you to.
We've been running a
special price since just before Christmas, but that will probably end soon. So if you've been contemplating taking this course, now is the time to act. Don't be caught having to
pay the increased price just because you waited too long. Once it goes up there are no exceptions and no changes after the fact.
By far and away our most popular
and best valued course ever, the
Diamond Ruby Course
risen to the top of the list in staging and redesign courses in the industry.
But it may be getting more expensive.
Until now the reasons for the price reduction are simple really. Barbara spares no expense to bring the
best possible value to students. She is well know for being the most
student friendly, student focused trainer in the industry. Are her
courses comprehensive? You bet. Do they inspire? You bet. Can anyone
achieve success? Well, they can if they study hard and follow the
training. But if they don't, it isn't likely.
The world is full of people who start but don't finish.
The market will gobble up the weak and ill prepared. So it is incumbent on
anyone who is serious to get the best, most complete training available. It's an
important decision and should not be taken lightly.
Less is more when it comes to staging a home. But when picking your training
route, more is more. No one gives you more than Barbara Jennings. And she won't
extract on-going monthly or annual fees out of you later as her competition
Follow the leading trainer in home staging and redesign. You'll get the
critical design training you crave, PLUS all the important marketing and
business set up guidance. Barbara brings over 40 years of home based business
experience and interior design experience to you, so don't settle for less.
Buy the Diamond Ruby Course Now
& Save $500 Off Previous Price While It Lasts:
residents, please use this link. We will process any additional shipping charges to your country as a separate charge
(except for Canada).
For More Details:
Diamond Ruby Course Details
New Book is a Big Hit! Earn Agent's
Certification As Well!|
Agents! Are you losing clients because you don't offer enough services? Did
you know how important it is to be able to give authoritative advice on staging
a home before putting it on the market? Statistics prove over and over again how
important staging is to a quick sale.
"Things are definitely heating up…I had another home sell two weeks ago…sold in 2 weeks …and I just got news from another
Realtor that another home sold in Turtle Rock that we just finished on 3/15. So, I am very happy to have happy sellers and happy realtors! - Debbie Muccillo, Stager"
If you're an agent and you don't know how to give reliable staging advice,
your competition will chew you up and you won't even know why.
Up until now, real estate agents who wanted to learn more about home staging and how they could effectively market the
service to the sellers who list with them (and utilize the services of professional home stagers
when needed) were left to take a pricey seminar or purchase training on how to stage as a business.
That wasn't ideal because they weren't interested in becoming home stagers but
they did want to know more about it so they could offer better advice.
agents can learn how to promote staging ideas to their own clients and even earn
a special designation of their own (CREHSA - Certified Real Estate Home
Staging Advisor), and push the
services of professional stagers when a more comprehensive service is warranted
(which it normally is). As agents and professional stagers work more closely together for the good of the seller, there will be an increase in
work for everyone and a much brighter, more profitable outcome for all.
Barbara's newest book, written ESPECIALLY for agents, is now on its
way from the printer. It is packed with cutting edge ideas and strategies and a
great read! Go ahead and
purchase a copy and as soon as we have the books in-house, they will be shipped out.
For more details on the book and our new certification for
A Real Estate Agent's Guide
To purchase the book:
Continental USA Residents Order Here
Canada/Alaska/Hawaii Residents Order Here
Barbara is the director of theor of the
Academy of Staging & Redesign, hosted at
the leading home study course in home staging and redesign.
About the Author
Barbara Jennings is author of 16 decorating books/ebooks: Decor Secrets Revealed, Rearrange It, Home Staging for Profit, Home Staging for Yourself,
A Real Estate Agent's Guide to Offering Free Home Staging Consultations, Staging Portfolio Secrets, Staging Luxurious Homes,
Getting Paid: Financial Strategies for Home Stagers, Home Staging in Tough
Times, Arrange Your Stuff, Advanced Redesign, Pro Art Consulting, Where There's a Wall - There's a Way, The Secret Art of Hanging Art, Great Parties! Great Homes!, and Wall Groupings! The Secrets of Arranging Art and Photos
Copyright Barbara Jennings
Ahava Enterprises, Inc.